Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Instructions for my October pages

Hi everyone!

Here are my instructions for the pages I made for the fabulous My Creative Scrapbook October kit. 

2nd Place:


I first sprayed the background with a gold ink mist.

I wanted the columns to be at different heights to represent "1st", "2nd" and "3rd" place. Because Trent was in 2nd place for the Pinewood Derby, his picture is in the middle.

For the left column, I punched a tag hole in the orange background and tied a ribbon around it.

I used the sticker with the 3 leaves to again represent "1st", "2nd" and "3rd.
I added the rick rack at the bottom.

I put the rounded leaf tag sticker on a piece of cardstock and cut it out so it wouldn't be sticky. I used a generic, yellow brad to adhere the tag to the piece of purple.

Lions, Tigers and Bears:


For some reason, I had the hardest time coming up with a clever title for this. The colors in the photos were perfect for the paper. We were at the Wildlife Museum (which I call "The Museum of Death") and at the end we came across this cute lion cut out that the kids really (well, Kat did) wanted to  stand behind and get their pictures taken.

I couldn't think of how to use "fall" and "lions" together but then a commercial came on TV (because I always have the TV on. I can't function unless I'm multi-tasking.) about the Wizard of Oz. That's when the title idea came to me and then the rest of the page came together.

I had to find that scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy is about to meet the Lion. I found it on Youtube and wrote it down. That became my title and since they found the Lion in the woods, the leaves as accents were perfect. One of those leaves is on a 3-D dot.

I rounded the corners of the mat behind the placemat to match and then I rounded the corners of the white cardstock to match.

I added the cute bunny on a postage stamp sticker to make sure it stayed friendly and cute.

Bunny:

In first grade, my son was a bunny in a play. I think it was a play about trolls and for some reason he was the bunny.

I knew that I wanted to use the picture because of the colors and I really, really wanted to use the cut off strip from the papers. I like to re-use things. :) If you've read my blog before, you know I don't like throwing things away that I could possibly re-use; and that means cut off strips. Seriously.

I used the cute little fox side of the paper to help emphasize the age of my son and the fact that he was a cute bunny. The corner is rounded on the inside to help your eye follow right down to his cute little face. (Yes, I used "cute" 3 times in that paragraph. Well, now 4)

I carefully cut off the strips from the paper and lined them each up with a button.

I added some leaves on 3-D dots and added the title.

November:



I'm not going to do a lot of instructions on this one. You've already seen it twice. It was on the Blog Hop from the 5th and then it was used as part of the sketch challenge on the 16th.

I think you get it. ;)

Thank you so much for reading and tagging along. Have a great night.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...