Friday, March 07, 2014

So, what's new?

Oh, are you asking me?

Well, I've been doing dogs 24/7. It's all dogs here. All day. Every day. Dogs.

This last week I was asked to take photos of all the dogs at Pima Paws for Life. I was honored and I took on the challenge.

It took hours. It felt like I had a full time job. They have 47 dogs and I think I filled up my card with about 600 photos. I thought I would add some doggie photo out-takes but right now all I want to do is go to bed. I'll save doggie out-takes for another day. I can't put all my good stuff in one post anyway, right?

It's been a whole month since I've updated my blog. Like I said above, I've been taking lots of photos of dogs and cats and posting them on Flickr with little goofy stories. I'm still writing, I'm just writing stories about dogs on Flickr.

Here's the link to my dog pictures from Pima Paws for Life...here

I've also been taking photos of dogs from Pima Animal Care Center...here

I had fun this week with the dogs at PPFL. I loved getting to know each of the dogs. I've learned all kinds of new tricks to get dogs to look at me. I've made noises with my mouth that I've never heard before and I've done it so much that I'm no longer embarrassed if someone is standing close to me. I've squeaked a million squeaky toys and fluffed thousands of stuffy toys. I've held almost every dog treat known to man and dog alive. I've left PPFL covered in dog hair, slobber, poop and treats under my fingernails.

I've learned to balance a treat in one hand, a squeaky toy in another hand and my camera in another hand all while holding a leash. Wait, that was three hands. I only have 2 hands. I messed up somewhere.

My hands are raw from hanging on to taut leashes but my heart is full and happy tonight just like Ruby's (below). :)



5 comments:

joybear said...

You are awesome!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of your dedication and hard work! I can't tell you how impressed I am with your photography, too.

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of your dedication and hard work! And your photography (with captions) is astounding! These animals will have a better life because you work so hard on their behave. Thank you!!!

MimiHP said...

Gorgeous photo! What a godsend you are to these animals!

MimiHP said...

Heather, you are the kindest person! Kier would be cheering you on as I am! The photos help get the dogs and cats adopted. You take amazing photos! I will be in Tucson the 14th-21st of March. IF you would like company one day, I will help you out if you like! Mimi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...